Subject: CVE-2023-52760: gfs2: Fix slab-use-after-free in gfs2_qd_dealloc

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

gfs2: Fix slab-use-after-free in gfs2_qd_dealloc

In gfs2_put_super(), whether withdrawn or not, the quota should
be cleaned up by gfs2_quota_cleanup().

Otherwise, struct gfs2_sbd will be freed before gfs2_qd_dealloc (rcu
callback) has run for all gfs2_quota_data objects, resulting in
use-after-free.

Also, gfs2_destroy_threads() and gfs2_quota_cleanup() is already called
by gfs2_make_fs_ro(), so in gfs2_put_super(), after calling
gfs2_make_fs_ro(), there is no need to call them again.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52760 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.97 with commit 7ad4e0a4f61c
	Fixed in 6.6.3 with commit 08a28272faa7
	Fixed in 6.7 with commit bdcb8aa434c6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52760
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/gfs2/super.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7ad4e0a4f61c57c3ca291ee010a9d677d0199fba
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/08a28272faa750d4357ea2cb48d2baefd778ea81
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bdcb8aa434c6d36b5c215d02a9ef07551be25a37