Subject: CVE-2023-52748: f2fs: avoid format-overflow warning

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: avoid format-overflow warning

With gcc and W=1 option, there's a warning like this:

fs/f2fs/compress.c: In function ‘f2fs_init_page_array_cache’:
fs/f2fs/compress.c:1984:47: error: ‘%u’ directive writing between
1 and 7 bytes into a region of size between 5 and 8
[-Werror=format-overflow=]
 1984 |  sprintf(slab_name, "f2fs_page_array_entry-%u:%u", MAJOR(dev),
		MINOR(dev));
      |                                               ^~

String "f2fs_page_array_entry-%u:%u" can up to 35. The first "%u" can up
to 4 and the second "%u" can up to 7, so total size is "24 + 4 + 7 = 35".
slab_name's size should be 35 rather than 32.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52748 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.202 with commit c041f5ddef00
	Fixed in 5.15.140 with commit e4088d7d8f11
	Fixed in 6.1.64 with commit 526dd7540a09
	Fixed in 6.5.13 with commit 6fca08fd3085
	Fixed in 6.6.3 with commit 3eebe636cac5
	Fixed in 6.7 with commit e0d4e8acb378

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52748
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/compress.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c041f5ddef00c731c541e00bc8ae97b8c84c682f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e4088d7d8f1123006d46a42edf51b8c960a58ef9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/526dd7540a09ecf87b5f54f3ab4e0a2528f25a79
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6fca08fd3085253b48fcb1bd243a0a5e18821a00
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3eebe636cac53886bd5d1cdd55e082ec9e84983f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e0d4e8acb3789c5a8651061fbab62ca24a45c063