Subject: CVE-2023-52735: bpf, sockmap: Don't let sock_map_{close,destroy,unhash} call itself

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

bpf, sockmap: Don't let sock_map_{close,destroy,unhash} call itself

sock_map proto callbacks should never call themselves by design. Protect
against bugs like [1] and break out of the recursive loop to avoid a stack
overflow in favor of a resource leak.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52735 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.95 with commit f312367f5246
	Fixed in 6.1.13 with commit 749985988148
	Fixed in 6.2 with commit 5b4a79ba65a1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52735
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/core/sock_map.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f312367f5246e04df564d341044286e9e37a97ba
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7499859881488da97589f3c79cc66fa75748ad49
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5b4a79ba65a1ab479903fff2e604865d229b70a9