Subject: CVE-2023-52706: gpio: sim: fix a memory leak

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

gpio: sim: fix a memory leak

Fix an inverted logic bug in gpio_sim_remove_hogs() that leads to GPIO
hog structures never being freed.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52706 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.17 with commit cb8c474e79be and fixed in 6.1.13 with commit 854e1ecff266
	Issue introduced in 5.17 with commit cb8c474e79be and fixed in 6.2 with commit 79eeab1d85e0

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52706
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpio/gpio-sim.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/854e1ecff266033d3149666d3c5b8b0e174b4210
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/79eeab1d85e0fee4c0bc36f3b6ddf3920f39f74b