Subject: CVE-2023-52701: net: use a bounce buffer for copying skb->mark

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: use a bounce buffer for copying skb->mark

syzbot found arm64 builds would crash in sock_recv_mark()
when CONFIG_HARDENED_USERCOPY=y

x86 and powerpc are not detecting the issue because
they define user_access_begin.
This will be handled in a different patch,
because a check_object_size() is missing.

Only data from skb->cb[] can be copied directly to/from user space,
as explained in commit 79a8a642bf05 ("net: Whitelist
the skbuff_head_cache "cb" field")

syzbot report was:
usercopy: Kernel memory exposure attempt detected from SLUB object 'skbuff_head_cache' (offset 168, size 4)!
------------[ cut here ]------------
kernel BUG at mm/usercopy.c:102 !
Internal error: Oops - BUG: 00000000f2000800 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 4410 Comm: syz-executor533 Not tainted 6.2.0-rc7-syzkaller-17907-g2d3827b3f393 #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/21/2023
pstate: 60400005 (nZCv daif +PAN -UAO -TCO -DIT -SSBS BTYPE=--)
pc : usercopy_abort+0x90/0x94 mm/usercopy.c:90
lr : usercopy_abort+0x90/0x94 mm/usercopy.c:90
sp : ffff80000fb9b9a0
x29: ffff80000fb9b9b0 x28: ffff0000c6073400 x27: 0000000020001a00
x26: 0000000000000014 x25: ffff80000cf52000 x24: fffffc0000000000
x23: 05ffc00000000200 x22: fffffc000324bf80 x21: ffff0000c92fe1a8
x20: 0000000000000001 x19: 0000000000000004 x18: 0000000000000000
x17: 656a626f2042554c x16: ffff0000c6073dd0 x15: ffff80000dbd2118
x14: ffff0000c6073400 x13: 00000000ffffffff x12: ffff0000c6073400
x11: ff808000081bbb4c x10: 0000000000000000 x9 : 7b0572d7cc0ccf00
x8 : 7b0572d7cc0ccf00 x7 : ffff80000bf650d4 x6 : 0000000000000000
x5 : 0000000000000001 x4 : 0000000000000001 x3 : 0000000000000000
x2 : ffff0001fefbff08 x1 : 0000000100000000 x0 : 000000000000006c
Call trace:
usercopy_abort+0x90/0x94 mm/usercopy.c:90
__check_heap_object+0xa8/0x100 mm/slub.c:4761
check_heap_object mm/usercopy.c:196 [inline]
__check_object_size+0x208/0x6b8 mm/usercopy.c:251
check_object_size include/linux/thread_info.h:199 [inline]
__copy_to_user include/linux/uaccess.h:115 [inline]
put_cmsg+0x408/0x464 net/core/scm.c:238
sock_recv_mark net/socket.c:975 [inline]
__sock_recv_cmsgs+0x1fc/0x248 net/socket.c:984
sock_recv_cmsgs include/net/sock.h:2728 [inline]
packet_recvmsg+0x2d8/0x678 net/packet/af_packet.c:3482
____sys_recvmsg+0x110/0x3a0
___sys_recvmsg net/socket.c:2737 [inline]
__sys_recvmsg+0x194/0x210 net/socket.c:2767
__do_sys_recvmsg net/socket.c:2777 [inline]
__se_sys_recvmsg net/socket.c:2774 [inline]
__arm64_sys_recvmsg+0x2c/0x3c net/socket.c:2774
__invoke_syscall arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:38 [inline]
invoke_syscall+0x64/0x178 arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:52
el0_svc_common+0xbc/0x180 arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:142
do_el0_svc+0x48/0x110 arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:193
el0_svc+0x58/0x14c arch/arm64/kernel/entry-common.c:637
el0t_64_sync_handler+0x84/0xf0 arch/arm64/kernel/entry-common.c:655
el0t_64_sync+0x190/0x194 arch/arm64/kernel/entry.S:591
Code: 91388800 aa0903e1 f90003e8 94e6d752 (d4210000)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52701 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 6fd1d51cfa25 and fixed in 6.1.13 with commit 863a7de987f0
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 6fd1d51cfa25 and fixed in 6.2 with commit 2558b8039d05

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52701
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/socket.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/863a7de987f02a901bf215509276a7de0370e0f9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2558b8039d059342197610498c8749ad294adee5