Subject: CVE-2023-52700: tipc: fix kernel warning when sending SYN message

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

tipc: fix kernel warning when sending SYN message

When sending a SYN message, this kernel stack trace is observed:

...
[   13.396352] RIP: 0010:_copy_from_iter+0xb4/0x550
...
[   13.398494] Call Trace:
[   13.398630]  <TASK>
[   13.398630]  ? __alloc_skb+0xed/0x1a0
[   13.398630]  tipc_msg_build+0x12c/0x670 [tipc]
[   13.398630]  ? shmem_add_to_page_cache.isra.71+0x151/0x290
[   13.398630]  __tipc_sendmsg+0x2d1/0x710 [tipc]
[   13.398630]  ? tipc_connect+0x1d9/0x230 [tipc]
[   13.398630]  ? __local_bh_enable_ip+0x37/0x80
[   13.398630]  tipc_connect+0x1d9/0x230 [tipc]
[   13.398630]  ? __sys_connect+0x9f/0xd0
[   13.398630]  __sys_connect+0x9f/0xd0
[   13.398630]  ? preempt_count_add+0x4d/0xa0
[   13.398630]  ? fpregs_assert_state_consistent+0x22/0x50
[   13.398630]  __x64_sys_connect+0x16/0x20
[   13.398630]  do_syscall_64+0x42/0x90
[   13.398630]  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

It is because commit a41dad905e5a ("iov_iter: saner checks for attempt
to copy to/from iterator") has introduced sanity check for copying
from/to iov iterator. Lacking of copy direction from the iterator
viewpoint would lead to kernel stack trace like above.

This commit fixes this issue by initializing the iov iterator with
the correct copy direction when sending SYN or ACK without data.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52700 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit f25dcc7687d4 and fixed in 6.1.13 with commit 54b6082aec17
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit f25dcc7687d4 and fixed in 6.2 with commit 11a4d6f67cf5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52700
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/tipc/socket.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/54b6082aec178f16ad6d193b4ecdc9c4823d9a32
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/11a4d6f67cf55883dc78e31c247d1903ed7feccc