Subject: CVE-2023-52697: ASoC: Intel: sof_sdw_rt_sdca_jack_common: ctx->headset_codec_dev = NULL

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: Intel: sof_sdw_rt_sdca_jack_common: ctx->headset_codec_dev = NULL

sof_sdw_rt_sdca_jack_exit() are used by different codecs, and some of
them use the same dai name.
For example, rt712 and rt713 both use "rt712-sdca-aif1" and
sof_sdw_rt_sdca_jack_exit().
As a result, sof_sdw_rt_sdca_jack_exit() will be called twice by
mc_dailink_exit_loop(). Set ctx->headset_codec_dev = NULL; after
put_device(ctx->headset_codec_dev); to avoid ctx->headset_codec_dev
being put twice.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52697 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 5360c6704638 and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit a410d58117d6
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 5360c6704638 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 582231a8c4f7
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 5360c6704638 and fixed in 6.8 with commit e38e252dbcee

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52697
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/intel/boards/sof_sdw_rt_sdca_jack_common.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a410d58117d6da4b7d41f3c91365f191d006bc3d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/582231a8c4f73ac153493687ecc1bed853e9c9ef
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e38e252dbceeef7d2f848017132efd68e9ae1416