Subject: CVE-2023-52696: powerpc/powernv: Add a null pointer check in opal_powercap_init()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

powerpc/powernv: Add a null pointer check in opal_powercap_init()

kasprintf() returns a pointer to dynamically allocated memory
which can be NULL upon failure.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52696 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b9ef7b4b867f and fixed in 5.4.268 with commit 9da4a56dd377
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b9ef7b4b867f and fixed in 5.10.209 with commit a67a04ad05ac
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b9ef7b4b867f and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit 6b58d1603721
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b9ef7b4b867f and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit f152a6bfd187
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b9ef7b4b867f and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 69f95c5e9220
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b9ef7b4b867f and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit b02ecc35d01a
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b9ef7b4b867f and fixed in 6.8 with commit e123015c0ba8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52696
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-powercap.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9da4a56dd3772570512ca58aa8832b052ae910dc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a67a04ad05acb56640798625e73fa54d6d41cce1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6b58d16037217d0c64a2a09b655f370403ec7219
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f152a6bfd187f67afeffc9fd68cbe46f51439be0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/69f95c5e9220f77ce7c540686b056c2b49e9a664
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b02ecc35d01a76b4235e008d2dd292895b28ecab
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e123015c0ba859cf48aa7f89c5016cc6e98e018d