Subject: CVE-2023-52695: drm/amd/display: Check writeback connectors in create_validate_stream_for_sink

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Check writeback connectors in create_validate_stream_for_sink

[WHY & HOW]
This is to check connector type to avoid
unhandled null pointer for writeback connectors.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52695 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 60e034f28600 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 0fe85301b950
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 60e034f28600 and fixed in 6.8 with commit dbf5d3d02987

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52695
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0fe85301b95077ac4fa4a91909d38b7341e81187
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dbf5d3d02987faa0eec3710dd687cd912362d7b5