Subject: CVE-2023-52694: drm/bridge: tpd12s015: Drop buggy __exit annotation for remove function

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/bridge: tpd12s015: Drop buggy __exit annotation for remove function

With tpd12s015_remove() marked with __exit this function is discarded
when the driver is compiled as a built-in. The result is that when the
driver unbinds there is no cleanup done which results in resource
leakage or worse.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52694 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit cff5e6f7e83f and fixed in 5.10.209 with commit 53926e2a3962
	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit cff5e6f7e83f and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit 08ccff6ece35
	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit cff5e6f7e83f and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit 81f1bd85960b
	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit cff5e6f7e83f and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit a8657406e12a
	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit cff5e6f7e83f and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit e00ec5901954
	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit cff5e6f7e83f and fixed in 6.8 with commit ce3e112e7ae8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52694
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/ti-tpd12s015.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/53926e2a39629702f7f809d614b3ca89c2478205
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/08ccff6ece35f08e8107e975903c370d849089e5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/81f1bd85960b7a089a91e679ff7cd2524390bbf1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a8657406e12aa10412134622c58977ac657f16d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e00ec5901954d85b39b5f10f94e60ab9af463eb1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ce3e112e7ae854249d8755906acc5f27e1542114