Subject: CVE-2023-52692: ALSA: scarlett2: Add missing error check to scarlett2_usb_set_config()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ALSA: scarlett2: Add missing error check to scarlett2_usb_set_config()

scarlett2_usb_set_config() calls scarlett2_usb_get() but was not
checking the result. Return the error if it fails rather than
continuing with an invalid value.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52692 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 9e15fae6c51a and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit 51d5697e1c03
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 9e15fae6c51a and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit be96acd3eaa7
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 9e15fae6c51a and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 996fde492ad9
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 9e15fae6c51a and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 145c5aa51486
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 9e15fae6c51a and fixed in 6.8 with commit ca459dfa7d4e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52692
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/usb/mixer_scarlett2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/51d5697e1c0380d482c3eab002bfc8d0be177e99
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/be96acd3eaa790d10a5b33e65267f52d02f6ad88
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/996fde492ad9b9563ee483b363af40d7696a8467
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/145c5aa51486171025ab47f35cff34bff8d0cea3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ca459dfa7d4ed9098fcf13e410963be6ae9b6bf3