Subject: CVE-2023-52690: powerpc/powernv: Add a null pointer check to scom_debug_init_one()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

powerpc/powernv: Add a null pointer check to scom_debug_init_one()

kasprintf() returns a pointer to dynamically allocated memory
which can be NULL upon failure.
Add a null pointer check, and release 'ent' to avoid memory leaks.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52690 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit bfd2f0d49aef and fixed in 5.4.268 with commit f84c1446daa5
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit bfd2f0d49aef and fixed in 5.10.209 with commit 1eefa93faf69
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit bfd2f0d49aef and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit 2a82c4439b90
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit bfd2f0d49aef and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit ed8d023cfa97
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit bfd2f0d49aef and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit dd8422ff271c
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit bfd2f0d49aef and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit a9c05cbb6644
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit bfd2f0d49aef and fixed in 6.8 with commit 9a260f2dd827

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52690
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-xscom.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f84c1446daa552e9699da8d1f8375eac0f65edc7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1eefa93faf69188540b08b024794fa90b1d82e8b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2a82c4439b903639e0a1f21990cd399fb0a49c19
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ed8d023cfa97b559db58c0e1afdd2eec7a83d8f2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dd8422ff271c22058560832fc3006324ded895a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a9c05cbb6644a2103c75b6906e9dafb9981ebd13
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9a260f2dd827bbc82cc60eb4f4d8c22707d80742