Subject: CVE-2023-52689: ALSA: scarlett2: Add missing mutex lock around get meter levels

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ALSA: scarlett2: Add missing mutex lock around get meter levels

As scarlett2_meter_ctl_get() uses meter_level_map[], the data_mutex
should be locked while accessing it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52689 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 3473185f31df and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 74e3de7cdcc3
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 3473185f31df and fixed in 6.8 with commit 993f7b42fa06

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52689
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/usb/mixer_scarlett2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/74e3de7cdcc31ce75ab42350ae0946eff62a2da2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/993f7b42fa066b055e3a19b7f76ad8157c0927a0