Subject: CVE-2023-52683: ACPI: LPIT: Avoid u32 multiplication overflow

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ACPI: LPIT: Avoid u32 multiplication overflow

In lpit_update_residency() there is a possibility of overflow
in multiplication, if tsc_khz is large enough (> UINT_MAX/1000).

Change multiplication to mul_u32_u32().

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52683 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit eeb2d80d502a and fixed in 4.19.306 with commit 647d1d50c31e
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit eeb2d80d502a and fixed in 5.4.268 with commit 6c38e791bde0
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit eeb2d80d502a and fixed in 5.10.209 with commit f39c3d578c7d
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit eeb2d80d502a and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit c1814a4ffd01
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit eeb2d80d502a and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit 72222dfd76a7
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit eeb2d80d502a and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit d1ac288b2742
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit eeb2d80d502a and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit b7aab9d906e2
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit eeb2d80d502a and fixed in 6.8 with commit 56d2eeda8799

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52683
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/acpi/acpi_lpit.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/647d1d50c31e60ef9ccb9756a8fdf863329f7aee
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6c38e791bde07d6ca2a0a619ff9b6837e0d5f9ad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f39c3d578c7d09a18ceaf56750fc7f20b02ada63
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c1814a4ffd016ce5392c6767d22ef3aa2f0d4bd1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/72222dfd76a79d9666ab3117fcdd44ca8cd0c4de
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d1ac288b2742aa4af746c5613bac71760fadd1c4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b7aab9d906e2e252a7783f872406033ec49b6dae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/56d2eeda87995245300836ee4dbd13b002311782