Subject: CVE-2023-52682: f2fs: fix to wait on block writeback for post_read case

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: fix to wait on block writeback for post_read case

If inode is compressed, but not encrypted, it missed to call
f2fs_wait_on_block_writeback() to wait for GCed page writeback
in IPU write path.

Thread A				GC-Thread
					- f2fs_gc
					 - do_garbage_collect
					  - gc_data_segment
					   - move_data_block
					    - f2fs_submit_page_write
					     migrate normal cluster's block via
					     meta_inode's page cache
- f2fs_write_single_data_page
 - f2fs_do_write_data_page
  - f2fs_inplace_write_data
   - f2fs_submit_page_bio

IRQ
- f2fs_read_end_io
					IRQ
					old data overrides new data due to
					out-of-order GC and common IO.
					- f2fs_read_end_io

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52682 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit 4c8ff7095bef and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit 9bfd5ea71521
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit 4c8ff7095bef and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 4535be487804
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit 4c8ff7095bef and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit f904c156d801
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit 4c8ff7095bef and fixed in 6.8 with commit 55fdc1c24a1d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52682
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/data.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9bfd5ea71521d0e522ba581c6ccc5db93759c0c3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4535be48780431753505e74e1b1ad4836a189bc2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f904c156d8011d8291ffd5b6b398f3747e294986
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/55fdc1c24a1d6229fe0ecf31335fb9a2eceaaa00