Subject: CVE-2023-52681: efivarfs: Free s_fs_info on unmount

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

efivarfs: Free s_fs_info on unmount

Now that we allocate a s_fs_info struct on fs context creation, we
should ensure that we free it again when the superblock goes away.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52681 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 5329aa5101f7 and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit ea6b597fcaca
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 5329aa5101f7 and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 48be1364dd38
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 5329aa5101f7 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 92be3095c6ca
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 5329aa5101f7 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 547713d502f7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52681
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/efivarfs/super.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ea6b597fcaca99562fa56a473bcbbbd79b40af03
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/48be1364dd387e375e1274b76af986cb8747be2c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/92be3095c6ca1cdc46237839c6087555be9160e3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/547713d502f7b4b8efccd409cff84d731a23853b