Subject: CVE-2023-52680: ALSA: scarlett2: Add missing error checks to *_ctl_get()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ALSA: scarlett2: Add missing error checks to *_ctl_get()

The *_ctl_get() functions which call scarlett2_update_*() were not
checking the return value. Fix to check the return value and pass to
the caller.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52680 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 9e4d5c1be21f and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit 3a09488f4f67
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 9e4d5c1be21f and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit cda7762bea85
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 9e4d5c1be21f and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 821fbaeaaae2
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 9e4d5c1be21f and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 773e38f73461
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 9e4d5c1be21f and fixed in 6.8 with commit 50603a67daef

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52680
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/usb/mixer_scarlett2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3a09488f4f67f7ade59b8ac62a6c7fb29439cf51
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cda7762bea857e6951315a2f7d0632ea1850ed43
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/821fbaeaaae23d483d3df799fe91ec8045973ec3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/773e38f73461ef2134a0d33a08f1668edde9b7c3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/50603a67daef161c78c814580d57f7f0be57167e