Subject: CVE-2023-52678: drm/amdkfd: Confirm list is non-empty before utilizing list_first_entry in kfd_topology.c

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdkfd: Confirm list is non-empty before utilizing list_first_entry in kfd_topology.c

Before using list_first_entry, make sure to check that list is not
empty, if list is empty return -ENODATA.

Fixes the below:
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../amdkfd/kfd_topology.c:1347 kfd_create_indirect_link_prop() warn: can 'gpu_link' even be NULL?
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../amdkfd/kfd_topology.c:1428 kfd_add_peer_prop() warn: can 'iolink1' even be NULL?
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../amdkfd/kfd_topology.c:1433 kfd_add_peer_prop() warn: can 'iolink2' even be NULL?

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52678 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 0f28cca87e9a and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit 4525525cb716
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 0f28cca87e9a and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 5024cce888e1
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 0f28cca87e9a and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 4ac4e023ed7a
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 0f28cca87e9a and fixed in 6.8 with commit 499839eca34a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52678
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_topology.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4525525cb7161d08f95d0e47025323dd10214313
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5024cce888e11e5688f77df81db9e14828495d64
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ac4e023ed7ab1c7c67d2d12b7b6198fcd099e5c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/499839eca34ad62d43025ec0b46b80e77065f6d8