Subject: CVE-2023-52675: powerpc/imc-pmu: Add a null pointer check in update_events_in_group()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

powerpc/imc-pmu: Add a null pointer check in update_events_in_group()

kasprintf() returns a pointer to dynamically allocated memory
which can be NULL upon failure.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52675 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.14 with commit 885dcd709ba9 and fixed in 4.19.306 with commit 75fc599bcdcb
	Issue introduced in 4.14 with commit 885dcd709ba9 and fixed in 5.4.268 with commit 1e80aa25d186
	Issue introduced in 4.14 with commit 885dcd709ba9 and fixed in 5.10.209 with commit 5a669f3511d2
	Issue introduced in 4.14 with commit 885dcd709ba9 and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit f105c2630098
	Issue introduced in 4.14 with commit 885dcd709ba9 and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit a2da3f9b1a10
	Issue introduced in 4.14 with commit 885dcd709ba9 and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 024352f7928b
	Issue introduced in 4.14 with commit 885dcd709ba9 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit c7d828e12b32
	Issue introduced in 4.14 with commit 885dcd709ba9 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 0a233867a390

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52675
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/powerpc/perf/imc-pmu.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/75fc599bcdcb1de093c9ced2e3cccc832f3787f3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1e80aa25d186a7aa212df5acd8c75f55ac8dae34
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5a669f3511d273c8c1ab1c1d268fbcdf53fc7a05
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f105c263009839d80fad6998324a4e1b3511cba0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a2da3f9b1a1019c887ee1d164475a8fcdb0a3fec
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/024352f7928b28f53609660663329d8c0f4ad032
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c7d828e12b326ea50fb80c369d7aa87519ed14c6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0a233867a39078ebb0f575e2948593bbff5826b3