Subject: CVE-2023-52674: ALSA: scarlett2: Add clamp() in scarlett2_mixer_ctl_put()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ALSA: scarlett2: Add clamp() in scarlett2_mixer_ctl_put()

Ensure the value passed to scarlett2_mixer_ctl_put() is between 0 and
SCARLETT2_MIXER_MAX_VALUE so we don't attempt to access outside
scarlett2_mixer_values[].

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52674 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 9e4d5c1be21f and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit e517645ead5e
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 9e4d5c1be21f and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit d8d8897d6506
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 9e4d5c1be21f and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 03035872e178
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 9e4d5c1be21f and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit ad945ea8d47d
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 9e4d5c1be21f and fixed in 6.8 with commit 04f8f053252b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52674
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/usb/mixer_scarlett2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e517645ead5ea22c69d2a44694baa23fe1ce7c2b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d8d8897d65061cbe36bf2909057338303a904810
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/03035872e17897ba89866940bbc9cefca601e572
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad945ea8d47dd4454c271510bea24850119847c2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/04f8f053252b86c7583895c962d66747ecdc61b7