Subject: CVE-2023-52656: io_uring: drop any code related to SCM_RIGHTS

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

io_uring: drop any code related to SCM_RIGHTS

This is dead code after we dropped support for passing io_uring fds
over SCM_RIGHTS, get rid of it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52656 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.273 with commit cfb24022bb2c
	Fixed in 5.10.214 with commit a6771f343af9
	Fixed in 5.15.153 with commit d909d381c315
	Fixed in 6.1.83 with commit a3812a47a320
	Fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 88c49d9c8961
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 6e5e6d274956

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52656
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	include/linux/io_uring_types.h
	io_uring/filetable.c
	io_uring/io_uring.c
	io_uring/rsrc.c
	io_uring/rsrc.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cfb24022bb2c31f1f555dc6bc3cc5e2547446fb3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a6771f343af90a25f3a14911634562bb5621df02
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d909d381c3152393421403be4b6435f17a2378b4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a3812a47a32022ca76bf46ddacdd823dc2aabf8b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/88c49d9c896143cdc0f77197c4dcf24140375e89
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6e5e6d274956305f1fc0340522b38f5f5be74bdb