Subject: CVE-2023-52650: drm/tegra: dsi: Add missing check for of_find_device_by_node

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/tegra: dsi: Add missing check for of_find_device_by_node

Add check for the return value of of_find_device_by_node() and return
the error if it fails in order to avoid NULL pointer dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52650 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit e94236cde4d5 and fixed in 4.19.311 with commit 47a13d0b9d85
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit e94236cde4d5 and fixed in 5.4.273 with commit f05631a8525c
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit e94236cde4d5 and fixed in 5.10.214 with commit 92003981a6df
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit e94236cde4d5 and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit 93128052bf83
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit e94236cde4d5 and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit 50c0ad785a78
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit e94236cde4d5 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 52aa507148c4
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit e94236cde4d5 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit c5d2342d24ef
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit e94236cde4d5 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 3169eaf13655
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit e94236cde4d5 and fixed in 6.9 with commit afe6fcb97758

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52650
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/dsi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/47a13d0b9d8527518639ab5c39667f69d6203e80
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f05631a8525c3b5e5994ecb1304d2d878956c0f5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/92003981a6df5dc84af8a5904f8ee112fa324129
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/93128052bf832359531c3c0a9e3567b2b8682a2d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/50c0ad785a780c72a2fdaba10b38c645ffb4eae6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/52aa507148c4aad41436e2005d742ffcafad9976
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c5d2342d24ef6e08fc90a529fe3dc59de421a2b9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3169eaf1365541fd8e521091010c44fbe14691fc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/afe6fcb9775882230cd29b529203eabd5d2a638d