Subject: CVE-2023-52642: media: rc: bpf attach/detach requires write permission

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: rc: bpf attach/detach requires write permission

Note that bpf attach/detach also requires CAP_NET_ADMIN.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52642 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.210 with commit 93d8109bf182
	Fixed in 5.15.149 with commit d98210108e7b
	Fixed in 6.1.79 with commit 9f6087851ec6
	Fixed in 6.6.18 with commit 93136132d1b5
	Fixed in 6.7.6 with commit caf2da1d4562
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 6a9d552483d5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52642
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/rc/bpf-lirc.c
	drivers/media/rc/lirc_dev.c
	drivers/media/rc/rc-core-priv.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/93d8109bf182510629bbefc8cd45296d2393987f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d98210108e7b2ff64b332b0a3541c8ad6a0617b0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9f6087851ec6dce5b15f694aeaf3e8ec8243224e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/93136132d1b5792bf44151e3494ae3691cd738e8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/caf2da1d4562de4e35eedec0be2b7f1ee25d83be
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6a9d552483d50953320b9d3b57abdee8d436f23f