Subject: CVE-2023-52641: fs/ntfs3: Add NULL ptr dereference checking at the end of attr_allocate_frame()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

fs/ntfs3: Add NULL ptr dereference checking at the end of attr_allocate_frame()

It is preferable to exit through the out: label because
internal debugging functions are located there.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52641 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.150 with commit ee8db6475cb1
	Fixed in 6.1.80 with commit 50545eb6cd5f
	Fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 947c3f3d31ea
	Fixed in 6.7.7 with commit 847b68f58c21
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit aaab47f204aa

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52641
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ntfs3/attrib.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ee8db6475cb15c8122855f72ad4cfa5375af6a7b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/50545eb6cd5f7ff852a01fa29b7372524ef948cc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/947c3f3d31ea185ddc8e7f198873f17d36deb24c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/847b68f58c212f0439c5a8101b3841f32caffccd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aaab47f204aaf47838241d57bf8662c8840de60a