Subject: CVE-2023-52640: fs/ntfs3: Fix oob in ntfs_listxattr

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

fs/ntfs3: Fix oob in ntfs_listxattr

The length of name cannot exceed the space occupied by ea.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52640 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.150 with commit a585faf05915
	Fixed in 6.1.80 with commit 6ed6cdbe8833
	Fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 52fff5799e3d
	Fixed in 6.7.7 with commit 0830c5cf19bd
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 731ab1f98288

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52640
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ntfs3/xattr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a585faf0591548fe0920641950ebfa8a6eefe1cd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6ed6cdbe88334ca3430c5aee7754dc4597498dfb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/52fff5799e3d1b5803ecd2f5f19c13c65f4f7b23
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0830c5cf19bdec50d0ede4755ddc463663deb21c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/731ab1f9828800df871c5a7ab9ffe965317d3f15