Subject: CVE-2023-52624: drm/amd/display: Wake DMCUB before executing GPINT commands

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Wake DMCUB before executing GPINT commands

[Why]
DMCUB can be in idle when we attempt to interface with the HW through
the GPINT mailbox resulting in a system hang.

[How]
Add dc_wake_and_execute_gpint() to wrap the wake, execute, sleep
sequence.

If the GPINT executes successfully then DMCUB will be put back into
sleep after the optional response is returned.

It functions similar to the inbox command interface.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52624 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.7.3 with commit 2ef98c6d753a
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit e5ffd1263dd5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52624
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_debugfs.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc_dmub_srv.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc_dmub_srv.h
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dce/dmub_psr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2ef98c6d753a744e333b7e34b9cf687040fba57d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e5ffd1263dd5b44929c676171802e7b6af483f21