Subject: CVE-2023-52620: netfilter: nf_tables: disallow timeout for anonymous sets

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: nf_tables: disallow timeout for anonymous sets

Never used from userspace, disallow these parameters.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52620 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.312 with commit 116b0e8e4673
	Fixed in 5.4.274 with commit 49ce99ae4331
	Fixed in 5.10.215 with commit 6f3ae02bbb62
	Fixed in 5.15.151 with commit 00b19ee0dcc1
	Fixed in 6.1.81 with commit b7be6c737a17
	Fixed in 6.4 with commit e26d3009efda

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52620
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/116b0e8e4673a5faa8a739a19b467010c4d3058c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/49ce99ae43314d887153e07cec8bb6a647a19268
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6f3ae02bbb62f151b19162d5fdc9fe3d48450323
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/00b19ee0dcc1aef06294471ab489bae26d94524e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b7be6c737a179a76901c872f6b4c1d00552d9a1b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e26d3009efda338f19016df4175f354a9bd0a4ab