Subject: CVE-2023-52616: crypto: lib/mpi - Fix unexpected pointer access in mpi_ec_init

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

crypto: lib/mpi - Fix unexpected pointer access in mpi_ec_init

When the mpi_ec_ctx structure is initialized, some fields are not
cleared, causing a crash when referencing the field when the
structure was released. Initially, this issue was ignored because
memory for mpi_ec_ctx is allocated with the __GFP_ZERO flag.
For example, this error will be triggered when calculating the
Za value for SM2 separately.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52616 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit d58bb7e55a8a and fixed in 5.10.210 with commit 0c3687822259
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit d58bb7e55a8a and fixed in 5.15.149 with commit 2bb86817b33c
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit d58bb7e55a8a and fixed in 6.1.79 with commit bb44477d4506
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit d58bb7e55a8a and fixed in 6.6.15 with commit 7ebf812b7019
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit d58bb7e55a8a and fixed in 6.7.3 with commit 7abdfd45a650
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit d58bb7e55a8a and fixed in 6.8 with commit ba3c55742030

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52616
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	lib/crypto/mpi/ec.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0c3687822259a7628c85cd21a3445cbe3c367165
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2bb86817b33c9d704e127f92b838035a72c315b6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bb44477d4506e52785693a39f03cdc6a2c5e8598
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7ebf812b7019fd2d4d5a7ca45ef4bf3a6f4bda0a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7abdfd45a650c714d5ebab564bb1b988f14d9b49
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ba3c5574203034781ac4231acf117da917efcd2a