Subject: CVE-2023-52612: crypto: scomp - fix req->dst buffer overflow

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

crypto: scomp - fix req->dst buffer overflow

The req->dst buffer size should be checked before copying from the
scomp_scratch->dst to avoid req->dst buffer overflow problem.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52612 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 1ab53a77b772 and fixed in 4.19.306 with commit 1142d65c5b88
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 1ab53a77b772 and fixed in 5.4.268 with commit e0e3f4a18784
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 1ab53a77b772 and fixed in 5.10.209 with commit 4518dc468cdd
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 1ab53a77b772 and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit a5f2f91b3fd7
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 1ab53a77b772 and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit 4df0c942d04a
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 1ab53a77b772 and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 7d9e5bed036a
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 1ab53a77b772 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 71c6670f9f03
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 1ab53a77b772 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 744e1885922a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52612
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	crypto/scompress.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1142d65c5b881590962ad763f94505b6dd67d2fe
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e0e3f4a18784182cfe34e20c00eca11e78d53e76
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4518dc468cdd796757190515a9be7408adc8911e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a5f2f91b3fd7387e5102060809316a0f8f0bc625
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4df0c942d04a67df174195ad8082f6e30e7f71a5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7d9e5bed036a7f9e2062a137e97e3c1e77fb8759
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/71c6670f9f032ec67d8f4e3f8db4646bf5a62883
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/744e1885922a9943458954cfea917b31064b4131