Subject: CVE-2023-52601: jfs: fix array-index-out-of-bounds in dbAdjTree

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

jfs: fix array-index-out-of-bounds in dbAdjTree

Currently there is a bound check missing in the dbAdjTree while
accessing the dmt_stree. To add the required check added the bool is_ctl
which is required to determine the size as suggest in the following
commit.
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-kernel-mentees/[email-masked]/

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52601 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.307 with commit 3d3898b4d72c
	Fixed in 5.4.269 with commit 3f8217c323fd
	Fixed in 5.10.210 with commit 2037cb9d95f1
	Fixed in 5.15.149 with commit 8393c80cce45
	Fixed in 6.1.77 with commit 70780914cb57
	Fixed in 6.6.16 with commit 2e16a1389b5a
	Fixed in 6.7.4 with commit fc67a2e18f4c
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 74ecdda68242

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52601
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/jfs/jfs_dmap.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3d3898b4d72c677d47fe3cb554449f2df5c12555
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3f8217c323fd6ecd6829a0c3ae7ac3f14eac368e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2037cb9d95f1741885f7daf50e8a028c4ade5317
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8393c80cce45f40c1256d72e21ad351b3650c57e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/70780914cb57e2ba711e0ac1b677aaaa75103603
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2e16a1389b5a7983b45cb2aa20b0e3f0ee364d6c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fc67a2e18f4c4e3f07e9f9ae463da24530470e73
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/74ecdda68242b174920fe7c6133a856fb7d8559b