Subject: CVE-2023-52595: wifi: rt2x00: restart beacon queue when hardware reset

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: rt2x00: restart beacon queue when hardware reset

When a hardware reset is triggered, all registers are reset, so all
queues are forced to stop in hardware interface. However, mac80211
will not automatically stop the queue. If we don't manually stop the
beacon queue, the queue will be deadlocked and unable to start again.
This patch fixes the issue where Apple devices cannot connect to the
AP after calling ieee80211_restart_hw().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52595 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.269 with commit e1f113b57ddd
	Fixed in 5.10.210 with commit 69e905beca19
	Fixed in 5.15.149 with commit 4cc198580a7b
	Fixed in 6.1.77 with commit 739b3ccd9486
	Fixed in 6.6.16 with commit 04cfe4a5da57
	Fixed in 6.7.4 with commit fdb580ed05df
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit a11d965a218f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52595
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ralink/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c
	drivers/net/wireless/ralink/rt2x00/rt2x00mac.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e1f113b57ddd18274d7c83618deca25cc880bc48
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/69e905beca193125820c201ab3db4fb0e245124e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4cc198580a7b93a36f5beb923f40f7ae27a3716c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/739b3ccd9486dff04af95f9a890846d088a84957
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/04cfe4a5da57ab9358cdfadea22bcb37324aaf83
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fdb580ed05df8973aa5149cafa598c64bebcd0cb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a11d965a218f0cd95b13fe44d0bcd8a20ce134a8