Subject: CVE-2023-52593: wifi: wfx: fix possible NULL pointer dereference in wfx_set_mfp_ap()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: wfx: fix possible NULL pointer dereference in wfx_set_mfp_ap()

Since 'ieee80211_beacon_get()' can return NULL, 'wfx_set_mfp_ap()'
should check the return value before examining skb data. So convert
the latter to return an appropriate error code and propagate it to
return from 'wfx_start_ap()' as well. Compile tested only.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52593 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.77 with commit 574dcd3126aa
	Fixed in 6.6.16 with commit 9ab224744a47
	Fixed in 6.7.4 with commit 3739121443f5
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit fe0a7776d4d1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52593
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/silabs/wfx/sta.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/574dcd3126aa2eed75437137843f254b1190dd03
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9ab224744a47363f74ea29c6894c405e3bcf5132
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3739121443f5114c6bcf6d841a5124deb006b878
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fe0a7776d4d19e613bb8dd80fe2d78ae49e8b49d