Subject: CVE-2023-52590: ocfs2: Avoid touching renamed directory if parent does not change

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ocfs2: Avoid touching renamed directory if parent does not change

The VFS will not be locking moved directory if its parent does not
change. Change ocfs2 rename code to avoid touching renamed directory if
its parent does not change as without locking that can corrupt the
filesystem.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52590 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.7.4 with commit de940cede3c4
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 9d618d19b29c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52590
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ocfs2/namei.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/de940cede3c41624e2de27f805b490999f419df9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d618d19b29c2943527e3a43da0a35aea91062fc