Subject: CVE-2023-52588: f2fs: fix to tag gcing flag on page during block migration

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: fix to tag gcing flag on page during block migration

It needs to add missing gcing flag on page during block migration,
in order to garantee migrated data be persisted during checkpoint,
otherwise out-of-order persistency between data and node may cause
data corruption after SPOR.

Similar issue was fixed by commit 2d1fe8a86bf5 ("f2fs: fix to tag
gcing flag on page during file defragment").

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52588 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.149 with commit 7ea0f29d9fd8
	Fixed in 6.1.77 with commit 7c972c894575
	Fixed in 6.6.16 with commit 417b8a91f4e8
	Fixed in 6.7.4 with commit b8094c0f1aae
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 4961acdd65c9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52588
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/compress.c
	fs/f2fs/file.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7ea0f29d9fd84905051be020c0df7d557e286136
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7c972c89457511007dfc933814c06786905e515c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/417b8a91f4e8831cadaf85c3f15c6991c1f54dde
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b8094c0f1aae329b1c60a275a780d6c2c9ff7aa3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4961acdd65c956e97c1a000c82d91a8c1cdbe44b