Subject: CVE-2023-52584: spmi: mediatek: Fix UAF on device remove

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

spmi: mediatek: Fix UAF on device remove

The pmif driver data that contains the clocks is allocated along with
spmi_controller.
On device remove, spmi_controller will be freed first, and then devres
, including the clocks, will be cleanup.
This leads to UAF because putting the clocks will access the clocks in
the pmif driver data, which is already freed along with spmi_controller.

This can be reproduced by enabling DEBUG_TEST_DRIVER_REMOVE and
building the kernel with KASAN.

Fix the UAF issue by using unmanaged clk_bulk_get() and putting the
clocks before freeing spmi_controller.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52584 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.77 with commit 521f28eedd6b
	Fixed in 6.6.16 with commit f8dcafcb5463
	Fixed in 6.7.4 with commit 9a3881b1f07d
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit e821d50ab5b9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52584
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/spmi/spmi-mtk-pmif.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/521f28eedd6b14228c46e3b81e3bf9b90c2818d8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f8dcafcb54632536684336161da8bdd52120f95e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9a3881b1f07db1bb55cb0108e6f05cfd027eaf2e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e821d50ab5b956ed0effa49faaf29912fd4106d9