Subject: CVE-2023-52565: media: uvcvideo: Fix OOB read

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: uvcvideo: Fix OOB read

If the index provided by the user is bigger than the mask size, we might do
an out of bound read.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52565 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.1.16 with commit 367703c3ec4f and fixed in 6.1.56 with commit 09635bf4cdd4
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 40140eda661e and fixed in 6.5.6 with commit 8bcf70d787f7
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 40140eda661e and fixed in 6.6 with commit 41ebaa5e0eeb
	Issue introduced in 6.2.3 with commit 42cbbc6b2c39

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52565
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/usb/uvc/uvc_ctrl.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/09635bf4cdd4adf2160198a6041bcc7ca46c0558
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8bcf70d787f7d53a3b85ad394f926cfef3eed023
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/41ebaa5e0eebea4c3bac96b72f9f8ae0d77c0bdb