Subject: CVE-2023-52563: drm/meson: fix memory leak on ->hpd_notify callback

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/meson: fix memory leak on ->hpd_notify callback

The EDID returned by drm_bridge_get_edid() needs to be freed.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52563 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15.61 with commit e098989a9219 and fixed in 5.15.134 with commit 66cb6d74f5a1
	Issue introduced in 5.17 with commit 0af5e0b41110 and fixed in 6.1.56 with commit ee335e0094ad
	Issue introduced in 5.17 with commit 0af5e0b41110 and fixed in 6.5.6 with commit 43b63e088887
	Issue introduced in 5.17 with commit 0af5e0b41110 and fixed in 6.6 with commit 099f0af9d982

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52563
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/meson/meson_encoder_hdmi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/66cb6d74f5a1b6eafe3370b56bf2cb575a91acbc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ee335e0094add7fc2c7034e0534e1920d61d2078
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/43b63e088887a8b82750e16762f77100ffa76cba
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/099f0af9d98231bb74956ce92508e87cbcb896be