Subject: CVE-2023-52561: arm64: dts: qcom: sdm845-db845c: Mark cont splash memory region as reserved

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

arm64: dts: qcom: sdm845-db845c: Mark cont splash memory region as reserved

Adding a reserved memory region for the framebuffer memory
(the splash memory region set up by the bootloader).

It fixes a kernel panic (arm-smmu: Unhandled context fault
at this particular memory region) reported on DB845c running
v5.10.y.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52561 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.56 with commit dc1ab6577475
	Fixed in 6.5.6 with commit 82dacd0ca0d9
	Fixed in 6.6 with commit 110e70fccce4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52561
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/sdm845-db845c.dts

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dc1ab6577475b0460ba4261cd9caec37bd62ca0b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/82dacd0ca0d9640723824026d6fdf773c02de1d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/110e70fccce4f22b53986ae797d665ffb1950aa6