Subject: CVE-2023-52529: HID: sony: Fix a potential memory leak in sony_probe()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

HID: sony: Fix a potential memory leak in sony_probe()

If an error occurs after a successful usb_alloc_urb() call, usb_free_urb()
should be called.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52529 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit fb1a79a6b6e1 and fixed in 5.15.135 with commit bb0707fde749
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit fb1a79a6b6e1 and fixed in 6.1.57 with commit f237b17611fa
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit fb1a79a6b6e1 and fixed in 6.5.7 with commit f566efa7de1e
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit fb1a79a6b6e1 and fixed in 6.6 with commit e1cd4004cde7
	Issue introduced in 5.12.17 with commit 44535bbc811f
	Issue introduced in 5.13.2 with commit 02f04a3c5d74

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52529
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hid/hid-sony.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bb0707fde7492121917fd9ddb43829e96ec0bb9e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f237b17611fa3501f43f12d1cb64323e10fdcb4f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f566efa7de1e35e6523f4acbaf85068a540be07d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e1cd4004cde7c9b694bbdd8def0e02288ee58c74