Subject: CVE-2023-52519: HID: intel-ish-hid: ipc: Disable and reenable ACPI GPE bit

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

HID: intel-ish-hid: ipc: Disable and reenable ACPI GPE bit

The EHL (Elkhart Lake) based platforms provide a OOB (Out of band)
service, which allows to wakup device when the system is in S5 (Soft-Off
state). This OOB service can be enabled/disabled from BIOS settings. When
enabled, the ISH device gets PME wake capability. To enable PME wakeup,
driver also needs to enable ACPI GPE bit.

On resume, BIOS will clear the wakeup bit. So driver need to re-enable it
in resume function to keep the next wakeup capability. But this BIOS
clearing of wakeup bit doesn't decrement internal OS GPE reference count,
so this reenabling on every resume will cause reference count to overflow.

So first disable and reenable ACPI GPE bit using acpi_disable_gpe().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52519 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit 2e23a70edabe and fixed in 5.15.135 with commit 8781fe259dd5
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit 2e23a70edabe and fixed in 6.1.57 with commit cdcc04e844a2
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit 2e23a70edabe and fixed in 6.5.7 with commit 60fb3f054c99
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit 2e23a70edabe and fixed in 6.6 with commit 8f02139ad9a7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52519
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hid/intel-ish-hid/ipc/pci-ish.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8781fe259dd5a178fdd1069401bbd1437f9491c5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cdcc04e844a2d22d9d25cef1e8e504a174ea9f8f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/60fb3f054c99608ddb1f2466c07108da6292951e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8f02139ad9a7e6e5c05712f8c1501eebed8eacfd