Subject: CVE-2023-52518: Bluetooth: hci_codec: Fix leaking content of local_codecs

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: hci_codec: Fix leaking content of local_codecs

The following memory leak can be observed when the controller supports
codecs which are stored in local_codecs list but the elements are never
freed:

unreferenced object 0xffff88800221d840 (size 32):
  comm "kworker/u3:0", pid 36, jiffies 4294898739 (age 127.060s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    f8 d3 02 03 80 88 ff ff 80 d8 21 02 80 88 ff ff  ..........!.....
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<ffffffffb324f557>] __kmalloc+0x47/0x120
    [<ffffffffb39ef37d>] hci_codec_list_add.isra.0+0x2d/0x160
    [<ffffffffb39ef643>] hci_read_codec_capabilities+0x183/0x270
    [<ffffffffb39ef9ab>] hci_read_supported_codecs+0x1bb/0x2d0
    [<ffffffffb39f162e>] hci_read_local_codecs_sync+0x3e/0x60
    [<ffffffffb39ff1b3>] hci_dev_open_sync+0x943/0x11e0
    [<ffffffffb396d55d>] hci_power_on+0x10d/0x3f0
    [<ffffffffb30c99b4>] process_one_work+0x404/0x800
    [<ffffffffb30ca134>] worker_thread+0x374/0x670
    [<ffffffffb30d9108>] kthread+0x188/0x1c0
    [<ffffffffb304db6b>] ret_from_fork+0x2b/0x50
    [<ffffffffb300206a>] ret_from_fork_asm+0x1a/0x30

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52518 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 8961987f3f5f and fixed in 6.1.57 with commit 626535077ba9
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 8961987f3f5f and fixed in 6.5.7 with commit eea5a8f0c3b7
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 8961987f3f5f and fixed in 6.6 with commit b938790e7054

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52518
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bluetooth/hci_core.c
	net/bluetooth/hci_event.c
	net/bluetooth/hci_sync.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/626535077ba9dc110787540d1fe24881094c15a1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eea5a8f0c3b7c884d2351e75fbdd0a3d7def5ae1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b938790e70540bf4f2e653dcd74b232494d06c8f