Subject: CVE-2023-52495: soc: qcom: pmic_glink_altmode: fix port sanity check

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

soc: qcom: pmic_glink_altmode: fix port sanity check

The PMIC GLINK altmode driver currently supports at most two ports.

Fix the incomplete port sanity check on notifications to avoid
accessing and corrupting memory beyond the port array if we ever get a
notification for an unsupported port.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52495 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 080b4e24852b and fixed in 6.6.15 with commit 532a5557da68
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 080b4e24852b and fixed in 6.7.3 with commit d26edf4ee367
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 080b4e24852b and fixed in 6.8 with commit c4fb7d2eac9f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52495
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/soc/qcom/pmic_glink_altmode.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/532a5557da6892a6b2d5793052e1bce1f4c9e177
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d26edf4ee3672cc9828f2a3ffae34086a712574d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c4fb7d2eac9ff9bfc35a2e4d40c7169a332416e0