Subject: CVE-2023-52471: ice: Fix some null pointer dereference issues in ice_ptp.c

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ice: Fix some null pointer dereference issues in ice_ptp.c

devm_kasprintf() returns a pointer to dynamically allocated memory
which can be NULL upon failure.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52471 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit d938a8cca88a and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 3cd9b9bee33f
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit d938a8cca88a and fixed in 6.8 with commit 3027e7b15b02

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52471
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3cd9b9bee33f39f6c6d52360fe381b89a7b12695
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3027e7b15b02d2d37e3f82d6b8404f6d37e3b8cf