Subject: CVE-2023-52470: drm/radeon: check the alloc_workqueue return value in radeon_crtc_init()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/radeon: check the alloc_workqueue return value in radeon_crtc_init()

check the alloc_workqueue return value in radeon_crtc_init()
to avoid null-ptr-deref.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52470 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.16 with commit fa7f517cb26e and fixed in 4.19.306 with commit 21b164566071
	Issue introduced in 3.16 with commit fa7f517cb26e and fixed in 5.4.268 with commit 5d12c5d75f7c
	Issue introduced in 3.16 with commit fa7f517cb26e and fixed in 5.10.209 with commit 57ca7984806d
	Issue introduced in 3.16 with commit fa7f517cb26e and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit 14bbfaa5df27
	Issue introduced in 3.16 with commit fa7f517cb26e and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit c4ff55408187
	Issue introduced in 3.16 with commit fa7f517cb26e and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 0b813a6a0087
	Issue introduced in 3.16 with commit fa7f517cb26e and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit fb2d8bc9b5e5
	Issue introduced in 3.16 with commit fa7f517cb26e and fixed in 6.8 with commit 7a2464fac80d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52470
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_display.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/21b1645660717d6126dd4866c850fcc5c4703a41
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5d12c5d75f7c78b83a738025947651ec5c95b4d4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/57ca7984806d79b38af528de88fd803babf27feb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/14bbfaa5df273b26cde6707f6e655585700e6fe1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c4ff55408187f2595066967047363ca84e76db85
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0b813a6a0087451cb702b6eb841f10856f49d088
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fb2d8bc9b5e55848b8a7c3c028e2ee8d49f28f97
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7a2464fac80d42f6f8819fed97a553e9c2f43310