Subject: CVE-2023-52468: class: fix use-after-free in class_register()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

class: fix use-after-free in class_register()

The lock_class_key is still registered and can be found in
lock_keys_hash hlist after subsys_private is freed in error
handler path.A task who iterate over the lock_keys_hash
later may cause use-after-free.So fix that up and unregister
the lock_class_key before kfree(cp).

On our platform, a driver fails to kset_register because of
creating duplicate filename '/class/xxx'.With Kasan enabled,
it prints a invalid-access bug report.

KASAN bug report:

BUG: KASAN: invalid-access in lockdep_register_key+0x19c/0x1bc
Write of size 8 at addr 15ffff808b8c0368 by task modprobe/252
Pointer tag: [15], memory tag: [fe]

CPU: 7 PID: 252 Comm: modprobe Tainted: G        W
 6.6.0-mainline-maybe-dirty #1

Call trace:
dump_backtrace+0x1b0/0x1e4
show_stack+0x2c/0x40
dump_stack_lvl+0xac/0xe0
print_report+0x18c/0x4d8
kasan_report+0xe8/0x148
__hwasan_store8_noabort+0x88/0x98
lockdep_register_key+0x19c/0x1bc
class_register+0x94/0x1ec
init_module+0xbc/0xf48 [rfkill]
do_one_initcall+0x17c/0x72c
do_init_module+0x19c/0x3f8
...
Memory state around the buggy address:
ffffff808b8c0100: 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a
ffffff808b8c0200: 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a 8a fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe
>ffffff808b8c0300: fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe
                                     ^
ffffff808b8c0400: 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03

As CONFIG_KASAN_GENERIC is not set, Kasan reports invalid-access
not use-after-free here.In this case, modprobe is manipulating
the corrupted lock_keys_hash hlish where lock_class_key is already
freed before.

It's worth noting that this only can happen if lockdep is enabled,
which is not true for normal system.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52468 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit dcfbb67e48a2 and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit b57196a5ec5e
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit dcfbb67e48a2 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 0f1486dafca3
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit dcfbb67e48a2 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 93ec4a3b7640

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52468
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/base/class.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b57196a5ec5e4c0ffecde8348b085b778c7dce04
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0f1486dafca3398c4c46b9f6e6452fa27e73b559
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/93ec4a3b76404bce01bd5c9032bef5df6feb1d62