Subject: CVE-2023-52467: mfd: syscon: Fix null pointer dereference in of_syscon_register()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mfd: syscon: Fix null pointer dereference in of_syscon_register()

kasprintf() returns a pointer to dynamically allocated memory
which can be NULL upon failure.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52467 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit e15d7f2b81d2 and fixed in 5.10.209 with commit 927626a20738
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit e15d7f2b81d2 and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit c3e3a2144bf5
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit e15d7f2b81d2 and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit 527e8c5f3d00
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit e15d7f2b81d2 and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 3ef1130deee9
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit e15d7f2b81d2 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 7f2c410ac470
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit e15d7f2b81d2 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 41673c66b3d0

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52467
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/mfd/syscon.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/927626a2073887ee30ba00633260d4d203f8e875
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c3e3a2144bf50877551138ffce9f7aa6ddfe385b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/527e8c5f3d00299822612c495d5adf1f8f43c001
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3ef1130deee98997275904d9bfc37af75e1e906c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7f2c410ac470959b88e03dadd94b7a0b71df7973
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/41673c66b3d0c09915698fec5c13b24336f18dd1