Subject: CVE-2023-52465: power: supply: Fix null pointer dereference in smb2_probe

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

power: supply: Fix null pointer dereference in smb2_probe

devm_kasprintf and devm_kzalloc return a pointer to dynamically
allocated memory which can be NULL upon failure.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52465 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 8648aeb5d7b7 and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit e2717302fbc2
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 8648aeb5d7b7 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit bd3d2ec447ed
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 8648aeb5d7b7 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 88f04bc3e737

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52465
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/power/supply/qcom_pmi8998_charger.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e2717302fbc20f148bcda362facee0444b949a3a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bd3d2ec447ede9da822addf3960a5f4275e3ae76
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/88f04bc3e737155e13caddf0ba8ed19db87f0212