Subject: CVE-2023-52461: drm/sched: Fix bounds limiting when given a malformed entity

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/sched: Fix bounds limiting when given a malformed entity

If we're given a malformed entity in drm_sched_entity_init()--shouldn't
happen, but we verify--with out-of-bounds priority value, we set it to an
allowed value. Fix the expression which sets this limit.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52461 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 56e449603f0a and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 1470d173925d
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 56e449603f0a and fixed in 6.8 with commit 2bbe6ab2be53

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52461
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/scheduler/sched_entity.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1470d173925d697b497656b93f7c5bddae2e64b2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2bbe6ab2be53858507f11f99f856846d04765ae3