Subject: CVE-2023-52459: media: v4l: async: Fix duplicated list deletion

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: v4l: async: Fix duplicated list deletion

The list deletion call dropped here is already called from the
helper function in the line before. Having a second list_del()
call results in either a warning (with CONFIG_DEBUG_LIST=y):

list_del corruption, c46c8198->next is LIST_POISON1 (00000100)

If CONFIG_DEBUG_LIST is disabled the operation results in a
kernel error due to NULL pointer dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52459 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 28a1295795d8 and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit b7062628caea
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 28a1295795d8 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 49d828114284
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 28a1295795d8 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 3de6ee94aae7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52459
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/v4l2-core/v4l2-async.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b7062628caeaec90e8f691ebab2d70f31b7b6b91
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/49d82811428469566667f22749610b8c132cdb3e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3de6ee94aae701fa949cd3b5df6b6a440ddfb8f2