Subject: CVE-2023-52453: hisi_acc_vfio_pci: Update migration data pointer correctly on saving/resume

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

hisi_acc_vfio_pci: Update migration data pointer correctly on saving/resume

When the optional PRE_COPY support was added to speed up the device
compatibility check, it failed to update the saving/resuming data
pointers based on the fd offset. This results in migration data
corruption and when the device gets started on the destination the
following error is reported in some cases,

[  478.907684] arm-smmu-v3 arm-smmu-v3.2.auto: event 0x10 received:
[  478.913691] arm-smmu-v3 arm-smmu-v3.2.auto:  0x0000310200000010
[  478.919603] arm-smmu-v3 arm-smmu-v3.2.auto:  0x000002088000007f
[  478.925515] arm-smmu-v3 arm-smmu-v3.2.auto:  0x0000000000000000
[  478.931425] arm-smmu-v3 arm-smmu-v3.2.auto:  0x0000000000000000
[  478.947552] hisi_zip 0000:31:00.0: qm_axi_rresp [error status=0x1] found
[  478.955930] hisi_zip 0000:31:00.0: qm_db_timeout [error status=0x400] found
[  478.955944] hisi_zip 0000:31:00.0: qm sq doorbell timeout in function 2

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52453 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit d9a871e4a143 and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 45f80b2f230d
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit d9a871e4a143 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 6bda81e24a35
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit d9a871e4a143 and fixed in 6.8 with commit be12ad45e15b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52453
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/vfio/pci/hisilicon/hisi_acc_vfio_pci.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/45f80b2f230df10600e6fa1b83b28bf1c334185e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6bda81e24a35a856f58e6a5786de579b07371603
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/be12ad45e15b5ee0e2526a50266ba1d295d26a88